In 2018 the Hempel Foundation donated a little more than EUR 20 million to 66 different organisations.
Half of that we donated in Denmark. The other half abroad.
We refined our donation strategy so we now have three strategic focus areas in addition to donations by application.
The strategic focus areas are:
– We want to empower children living in poverty lo learn.
- Donations for EUR 9.8 million in 2018
- 4 new partnerships with new projects in Bolivia, Guatemala, Bangladesh and Rwanda og South Africa
– We want to make coatings more efficient and more sustainable
- Official inauguration in 2018 of the Hempel Foundation Coating Science and Technology Center (CoaST)
- Establishment of advisory board
– We want sustain biodiversity in some of the planet’s most valuable natural habitats.
- Decision in 2018 to work strategically with sustaining biodiversity as part of the Foundation's donation strategy